Friday, December 11, 2009

In Like A Tiger, Out Like a Lamb


Wow. I did not see this one coming. Our boy Tiger Tiger Woods Yall just issued a statement sounding like he is going to bow out:

I am deeply aware of the disappointment and hurt that my infidelity has caused to so many people, most of all my wife and children. I want to say again to everyone that I am profoundly sorry and that I ask forgiveness. It may not be possible to repair the damage I've done, but I want to do my best to try. [...] What's most important now is that my family has the time, privacy, and safe haven we will need for personal healing.
After much soul searching, I have decided to take an indefinite break from professional golf. I need to focus my attention on being a better husband, father, and person.




I understand what comes with the territory yet it is all so stunning...the whole story from his admission to transgressions and now to him quitting? Wow. I guess the thing we should learn from athletes though, is that with focus and determination anything is possible. So perhaps in his time off he can make his marriage better and a more solid one. I really commend him (and his PR team) for trying. But then what about when he returns to golf? Because he will. And more than likely, come back bigger than ever. The rest of the world would have forgotten (and moved on) about his mistakes but will his wife? Will she ever forget about Vegas cocktail waitresses and text messages? Both of which he can still participate in when he gets back 'on course'. It is one thing to try and get over things in private but how 'bout when the whole world KNOWS too? Nah! The real focus and determination is on the part of will-buss-a-golf-club-on-yo-ass Elin. How does she surpress the venom and think about working out a marriage that was compromised by Tiger? I don't know all the issues that face the couple outside of his transgressions but won't it be amazing when he is made out to be the victor in all of this? I don't think that his character should be judged solely on his affairs and I truly believe he is deeply remorseful. I'm just saying I wish there were bright lights, big medals and shiny trophies for the wives that try to work things out too...Go'head Elin, you're a winner to me no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment