Monday, April 19, 2010

Everythings Like.... Lychee



Spring has me in the mood (more than usual) for things whimsical, light and sugary!

Yesterday me and some of my besties went for brunch, a movie and then drinks. It was a fab day of 'liming'. While at brunch one of my girls asked our server for some lychee tea. Unfortunately, the restaurant (MILESTONES - get the spinach and feta omellette when you go there - yum!) doesn't carry this tea. I, however, quickly made the mental note that I will someday try it. It just sounds heavenly. I've always loved the fruit, introduced to me by my Mum YEARS ago on our frequent jaunts to China Town. We always had the canned version in the house but I truly looked forward to us getting the fresh version too.

After our movie we decided to get a few drinks at yet another restaurant (MOXIES). There, two of my girlfriends ordered lychee martinis. I felt for something refreshing so I got my often go to drink, a mohito. Although after sampling their lychee martinis I was sorry I didn't get the same....divine!

Today I needed a break from writing press releases and hearing my office mate send her "honey" kisses via the phone, so I mosied on over to Sephora for a little beauty fun. And what did I discover? One of my favourite brands, FRESH, carries a Lychee Eau de Parfum!! One quick spritz in the air and I declared, "I must have this"! I was going to get the small rollerball size for my clutch but then opted for the 1 oz. spray because I loved it that much and thought it would look sweet on my vanity.

I was telling a friend about lychee popping up everywhere and then she told me that MAC carries a Lychee Luxe lipglass . Truth be told, I am more of a lip gelee kind of gal but I do like to stick to a theme. Next time I am in there I will give my lips this sweet treat.



xoxo



Asha

2 comments: