Monday, April 26, 2010

Cleanses Gone Clear!


Lately, I've been hearing a lot about different concoctions that people are doing all with the effort to cleanse out the system. For a long time I thought that cleanses were reserved for celebrities like Madonna and Gwenyth or the very body concious. More recently, I am hearing more and more people participating in different cleanses to drop pounds quickly. When Beyonce had raved about dropping pounds quickly for a movie role, I first heard of Master Cleanse. One of the blogs that I frequent Trinidad Carnival Diary , gives a detailed account of when she tried it just before the two days that require one to wear almost nothing! Who could blame her, right? Then last Friday, I recieved an email about ,Total Cleanse a delivery juice cleanse service that prides itself on being a moderate and delicious way to detoxify your bod. While I enjoy reading and hearing about the trial of these cleanses they never really appeal to me...I know that quick pounds off means quicker pounds back on. Also, I love food way too much! Just the thought of going without for 12 days makes me weak. I hit the gym HARD so that I can enjoy a plethora of palettables :)
One of my aunts, however, did put me onto a parsley drink that is meant to cleanse the liver Not that I really thought, my liver needed cleansing per se, but I am trying to get more greens into my diet so I thought, why not? It was all very simple. Boil a bunch of parsely, and keep the water from the contents of the pot in a bottle refrigerated. Then, once a day, drink a cup of it until finished. The method advises enough for about 10 days. My cleanse went on for 12 days because I forgot about it for two days. Anyhoo, the first day I found it hard to like. The following day and thereafter, I drank the parsley water with a lot of ice and that seemed to help me tolerate it better.
After the twelve days were up, I didn't feel any different whatsoever but I did feel a sense of accomplishment. Yay me! I know I didn't do a drastic cleanse, but I couldn't help but thinking, this whole ting ain all dat. But THEN!...came the compliments! In four days, 3 people asked what I had been using on my skin, how come I'm glowing and if I just came back from vacation? Yes! But I didn't do anything different, I thought. Wait. Could it really be? While cleansing my liver I (better) cleansed my face? Score! It could also be that the sun is out a lot more and my vitamin D deprived body is finally getting what it craves. I dunno. But this couldn't hurt my beauty regimen now could it? Vanity be dammed...I'm onto this parsley cleanse :)


xoxo

Asha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment