Friday, February 19, 2010

Fitness Fashion Find

I love getting my workout on. Before I competed in my first half-marathon two summers ago, I prided myself on NOT spending any money for workout gear. I used to show up in over OVA sized T-shirts that were probably my Dad's or my brother's first and the baggiest sweat pants I could find. I figured I was going to the gym to workout and not 'look cute'. On race day in July 2008 in Virginia I stood there and looked around at all these inspiring women who were 'workin' it'. While mentally preparing myself for the road ahead...I decided that it was time I get in on some fitness fashion.




Soon thereafter, I went to Lululemon. The wonderful Canadian (yay!) brand is where serious runners and fashionistas alike shop. I had been in one years before with my cuz but I didn't scope everything out as we were just panty shopping. Anyhoo, this time I tried on some yoga pants (LOVE!), a running tee (so soft) and a sports bra (your girls WILL NOT move in one of these). I bought all the items that I tried on. I nearly died at the cash register, however. These uber fabrics mean uber finances too. I'm in the gym 6 days a week - there is no way I can be Lululemon'd out that often.




I found the just-as-good and BEST alternative. The workout gear at AERIE, the sister line to American Eagle is fab! I went in there to look for some pyjamas recently...and low and behold...I see a fitness section at the back of the store. With great prices. And great fabric. With a simple 'tug' to the high-impact sports bra, I knew I found something divine. The running tights and shorts even come with keep-you-dry technology. Me and my BFF are taking part in a 5k in May...check out some of the items we might be outfitted in :)




Asha


xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment